What I have learned from Midsomer Murders:
- Pillows should be regulated like handguns.
- NEVER EVER SAY “Oh, it’s you!” as this will get you murdered. Apparently it is some kind of a signal that sparks murderous rage in people.
- People in Midsomer county really should be used to finding bodies by now. I mean, hasn’t everybody who lives there been murdered at some point?
Seriously though, I do like the show a lot, particularly for the fact that the folks in the show seem to be somewhat aware of just how crazy murderpants their county is. Also, I like that the show can be dark without being gory.
- Personal Goals: Still taking my meds; appointment with the dietitian is coming up and I’m going to make a dental appointment for myself this week.
- Writing Goals: I hashed out the radio scene in Chapter Twelve! I basically used a mock conversation from a ham site as a template for the call signs and official bits of chatter and inserted my own dialogue. And also made things a bit more readable, since the mock conversation looked like this:
Hello CQ CQ CQ, this is G3YWX, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray, CQ CQ CQ, this is G3YWX, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray, CQ CQ CQ, this is G3YWX, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray, and G3YWX, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray is standing by for a call.
G3YWX, Golf three Yankee Whisky Xray, this is G3QAB, Golf three Quebec Alpha Bravo, Golf three Quebec Alpha Bravo
Yeah, not the most enjoyable read, is it? I got around it by using phrasing like “She repeated the greeting three times” and “she spelled out Grandma’s name phonetically, pronouncing each letter carefully.” It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for now and that’s what I was after!
- I chomped through my interlibrary loan books and found some good crunchy information that will be helpful. And also found some other sources that I want to look up because I am to books what Cookie Monster is to cookies.
“Sea is for Cookie” by Put_It_All_On_Red based on The Great Wave off Kanagawa, by Hokusai and, of course, Cookie Monster.
Goals for This Week:
- Work on Chapter 12
- Make some photocopies of some of my research materials before I return them.
- Noodle more on worldbuilding and some ideas I have for what may be the first book in the Defcon series.
- Curse the snow unto the seventh generation.
- Work on being better about following my Twitter
Powered by Linky Tools, A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. You can learn more here and if you want to join, you can Click Here to view this Linky Tools list and to enter your own link as well!